There is so much to love about the idea of starting a business. From learning how to name a business to understanding the registration process, to simply being in charge of your own professional life, there is a lot to be said for how exciting it is.
However, there is an interesting point, specifically regarding how difficult or easy it is to start a business. Let’s dive in and see how it shakes out.
The process of starting your business
Here are some of the focuses that are involved in starting our business so that you can determine just how easy or hard it really is going to be.
● Name your business: This is a fun but sometimes challenging part of business. You’ll want to pick something that is going to be relevant to what you offer, but also easy to remember and original! Try to make a list of 3-4 names that you like so that you have a few to choose from when it comes to registering them.
● Register your business: Next, registering your business! You’ll most likely do this with your province or territory officials. Make sure that you fill out the paperwork for it and then bring your list of names with you. Sometimes a name might be in use already, so that’s why having more than one option is a good idea. Similarly, consider different spellings just in case.
● Consider incorporation: You’ll want to think about the concept of incorporating, too. You can incorporate online and it will give you all sorts of benefits, including limited liability when it comes to being sued as a business, and also official recognition as a company for those who want to know they are working with true professionals. You’ll want to consider both provincial/territorial incorporation as well as federal incorporation.
● Sort out your day-to-day operations: Now that you’ve got all of the formal things out of the way, you’ll want to start with your day-to-day operations. This means figuring out how you can sell your services, what you want to set for your price and who you want to work with. This also means getting together your website or social media account, etc.
● Manage the business: Managing the business means keeping an eye on sales, putting out new leads, and focusing on the idea of bringing on employees or partners, etc. This is a great part of starting a business simply because you get to be in charge!
How easy it is depends on how you determine it
Realistically, there is quite a bit of effort involved in the idea of starting a business. Some days will be harder than others, but it’ll all end up averaging out. How it averages out depends on what you find to be worthwhile. Starting a business, when you are doing something you love, often does feel easy because, well, you love what you do!
Focus on these points and remember that, even on the hard days, loving what you do is going to help make everything all the better. The goal is just to make sure that you are staying focused on those important features that make it rewarding rather than simply tiring!